Civil Service Commission
November 25-29, 2019
The Innovative Introexerts shall develop the Civil Service Examination Online Services to ease the examination process from registration to evaluation.
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) is mandated to promote morale, efficiency, integrity, responsiveness, progressiveness, and courtesy in the civil service. It adopts measures to strengthen the merit and rewards system, integrates all human resources development programs for all levels and ranks, and institutionalizes a management climate conducive to public accountability.
One of the most important and visible functions of the CSC is the conduct of examinations to screen aspiring public servants and provide the necessary human resource that the government needs. This is the first step in the process of selecting prospective Civil Servants.
The challenge is to improve the current examination procedures and services of the Commission for the examinees to have a hassle-free Career Service examination experience. Thus, CSC created an innovation team named Innovative Introexerts. Empathizing with clientele helps to develop a project that meets their needs and expectations. Innovative Introexerts believes that the development of the Civil Service Examination Online Services will make the Civil Service examination experience hassle-free and worthwhile for all aspiring civil servants.
- Avoiding long queues for the examination application;
- Avoiding errors in validation of applications;
- Funding examination application fees for those who cannot afford it;
- Informing clients about the examination application process through infographics to avoid misinterpretation of instructions;
- Avoiding some cases of examinees that goes to the wrong examination venue;
- Providing online data of eligible citizens to Government agencies for validation purposes; and,
- Reducing the examination application processing time.
- Creation of User Accounts for applicants and process owners from CSC.
- Storage of examination history in the applicant’s profile to facilitate retrieval of applicants’ data.
- Inclusion of the option for the applicants to select the examination venue in the Online Examination Application. This will help to monitor the number of slots filled, based on the quota set by each regional and field office.
- Provision of practice examination in the application.
- Inclusion of a donation option called “Fund me” in the system that shall cover the examination fees of some applicants.
- Online application for the issuance of eligibility card, re-issuance of eligibility card, certified true copy of certification, and authentication of certificate of eligibility.
- Payments of applicant’s fees through e-payment schemes (Online payment schemes: 7-Eeven, Landbank Online Banking, and Bayad Centers)
- Online customer survey.
- Provision of statistical data for the officers and staff of CSC, e.g., Eligibility records request summary, E-payment summary, etc.
- Web portal for government job vacancies.
- Downloadable forms.
- 2020 Assessment of Current System and Drafting of Proposal
- Presentation to Stakeholders
- Presentation/Revision of Budget to the Commission for Approval
- Organization of Project Team
- 2021 – System Development
- Pilot Testing to Selected Field Offices
- Prototype Enhancement
- Finalization and Approval for Deployment
- Preparation of Full Procurement of System Requirements
- System Manual Development and User Training
- Deployment of System
- Test Run
- 2022 – Full Systems Operation
- System Review
- System Maintenance
- Innovation Team Name: Innovation Introexerts
- Innovation Champion: Jeffrey S. Siy
- Innovation Manager: Jesselle T. Aplaca
- Team Members
- Aileen L. Cuevas
- Lalaine L. Roxam
- Jomini M. Calantoc