This is an Entry to the Government Best Practice Recognition Awards
Pangasinan Crisis Intervention Center
Provincial Social Welfare & Development Office, Crisis Intervention Center
Best practice Focus Area(s)
Customer and citizen focus
Pangasinan Crisis Intervention Center (PCIC) is a special center and the first in Region l that operates 24 hours to serve as an activity center that immediately responds to individuals and families in crisis. It was established on May 7, 2006 under the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office.
In 2014, a new Pangasinan Crisis Intervention Center was constructed. It is located at Lingayen District Hospital Compound, Lingayen. The Pangasinan compound was inaugurated on March 20, 2014. It is working on a vision of being the center of competence that strives to empower women and children to fight and eliminate all forms of violence thereby promoting their sense of individuality and integrity.
Background and Problem
PCIC will serve as a safe intermediary home for the less fortunate individuals and families, especially the survivors of domestic violence. It is aimed at working toward the elimination of all forms of violence through:
- Provision of a shore-term shelter to individuals/women/children victim-survivor of abuses
- Presence of 24-hour crisis hotlines
- Provision of counseling services
- Accomplishment and conduct of Referral Services/Facilitating for medical or legal procedures
- Conduct of Information Education Campaign (IEC)
PCIC will provide a comprehensive and integrated program for the rescue which consists of: protection and provision of immediate financial, material, physical, psychosocial, and legal service to individuals and families in crisis including disaster victims.
Solution and Impact
The PCIC is considered as the best practice in Region I because of the services it offers. From the time that the clients are admitted to the center, several steps start. There are a series of interviews conducted for check-up and assessment of the client and referrals. The client is assured of protection from perpetrators.
Financial assistance is given to assist in the development of the case. The client will be supported/helped by social workers with the processes as well as in recovering trauma and suffering. The center will provide created laws and protection to alleviate identified miseries of clients.
Remarkable awards given to PCIC:
- GAD Local Learning Hub 2019-2022 – given by Philippine Commission on Women (PCW)
- 2017 innovative Program – given by the Province of Pangasinan
- Certificate of Accreditation – First Level Standards in the Implementation of Residential-Based Programs and Services for Children, Youth, Women and Older Person, Disaster Victims, PWDs, Families and Communities – given by DSWD