Mangaldan Water District
23-27 November 2020
MPASS is adopting online, offline, and electronic payment facilities to ease the residents of the pains of paying their water consumption bills. This improves the current bill payments mechanism of onsite payment that aims to allow a substantial number of residents with limitations to be mobile.
Due to the “no contractual policy,” the field collectors of Mangaldan Water District were relieved, thus, leaving a hole in their billing and payment processes. Aside from there will no longer be a field agent distributing the bills, there will be no way for residents with mobility problems to be updated and eventually pay their bills.
The current bill collection and onsite payment setup will no longer be viable for the district. Since there are residents from far-flung areas, reaching them will be challenging for the organization. Furthermore, persons from rural areas are yet to be educated about online facilities and electronic banking.
Thus, the MPASS features an array of bill payment options for the residents of Mangaldan. Aside from electronic banking and G-cash, other payment methods will also be integrated into the system, such as remittance centers, payment kiosks, and bayad centers.
- Integrated payment schemes and platforms.
- Online and SMS bill updates.
- Infographics and an online information campaign will educate the Mangaldan residents.
- Increased collections.
- Reduction of disconnection activities
- Onsite Point of Sale Partnerships: For residents with limited technological access, partner institutions such as grocery stores, 7-11, Bayad Centers, and local businesses will be urged to be part of the MPASS.
- Remittance Centers- Remittance and Bayad Centers will be integrated with the MPASS.
- GCash and Electronic Banking: As the leading platform, bill payment and bills update will be present in Gcash and electronic banking. This will be scaled up to ATM payments and over-the-counter transactions.
- Prototype Testing – November 2020
- Management Approval – 2 December 2020
- Meetings with Service Providers – 7 December 2020
- Board Approval – 18 December 2020
- Revision and Communication of Collection Process – January 2021
- Pilot Implementation – February 2021
Name: Team MAWAD
Innovation Champion: Bernadeth D. Dizon
Innovation Manager: Demmee G. Carbonel
- Terry Martido
- Aira Jane G. Perez
- Lalaine G. Celeste
- Peter John T. Ganaden