This is an Entry to the Government Best Practice Recognition Awards
Pangasinan Child Care and Development Center
Provincial Social Welfare & Devevelopment Office of Pangasinan
Best practice Focus Area(s)
Leadership, Social and environmental responsibility, Customer and citizen focus
The Provincial Government of Pangasinan established the Pangasinan Child Care and Development Center to address the issue of families (especially that of their female staff) with children ages 2-4 years old who have no nannies or relatives to take care of them. These are constituents who can’t afford to pay for nannies.
The center is a place where qualified beneficiaries can enroll their children, to learn basic education outside their homes. It is also a place that female employees are confident to leave their children to, because it is safe and its staff deliver their work well.
Background and Problem
The objective of establishing the center is to provide immediate and adequate social welfare services to families, individuals in crises and victims of disasters, but most especially, to help those young families with 2-4 years old children with no nannies to left their kids with.
Solution and Impact
The objective is to provide immediate and adequate social welfare services to families, individuals in crises and victims of disasters, particularly those with 2-4 years old children with no nannies.
The center is working on the following Program Objectives:
- To help the pre-school children become physically fit and healthy through proper care and nutrition monitored growth development and early detection of disease or disability.
- To develop the child’s self-confidence, self-express on, and self-discipline.
- To help the child understand, relate well with his parents and other adults in the family.
- To develop the child’s mind. intellectual verbal and language skills.
- To help provide the child opportunities to develop strong spiritual and socio-cultural values and of being a Filipino in their community.
- To provide comfort and safety to the child
The center is able to produce several Learning Service Providers with Accreditation. The center itself is accredited.